Re: MIG Welders

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MIG Welders
From: Mark Rayborn <mrayborn@merlin.ebicom.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 07:54:37 -0600
John,

I bought a Century at Sam's club. It cost $499. The gas hookup was
included but not the tank. That cost another $65 from a gas supplier.

This setup works wonderfully if used for it's intended purpose. It will
weld up to 1/4" plate. I wouldn't trust it on anything thicker. I've
tried it. It also will not produce a good weld in any kind of breeze.

The machine will handle wire up to .030 in diameter. The tension
adjustment on the feed is a little finicky, but once adjusted properly
is trouble-free.

One more thing. The wire comes in a sealed package to prevent oxidation.
I bought some rolls at a salvage store that weren't sealed and had heck
getting them to feed because of the slight oxidation.

Regards,
Mark in MS