Re: OT New Car Search for the folks

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: OT New Car Search for the folks
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 15:04:38 -0800
In 1990, I sold a beginning-to-rust-through-the-bottoms-of-the-doors 1971
Jag. XJ6 and replaced it with a brand new V-6 Camry. My wife has since put
nearly 90,000 miles on it, averaging 22 mpg around town, 28 mpg on trips.
One set of brakes, three sets of tires and one headlight bulb - plus the
requisite regular oil changes - have been the only maintenance items, in
addition to the timing belt change that's recommended at 60K miles (We did
it at 80K and the one we took off looked almost as good as the new one.)

Would I recommend a Camry? You bet!

Lawrie