Re: Subject: Re: OT New Car Search for the folks

To: n <twobees@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: OT New Car Search for the folks
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 06:55:21 -0500 (EST)
I think this experience shows that you can't always believe Consumer
reports. A case in point is the Hyundai, yes the crap of all crap if you
can believe what you read. According to them this is the worst car ever
made. As a daily driver there are 3 of them in the household along with 2
MG's and a 98 Dodge Caravan. The oldest Hyundai an 89 never broken down in
10 years and I've put less than $200 in repairs which includes a battery.
The other two, one of which is an 88 have never broken down and the most
expensive repair to date was a water pump for $13 dollars. Between the 3
Hyundais they have about 250 thousand miles. My previous 92 Dodge caravan
cost me $1300 in one month in repairs alone with close to $3000 in 6
years. For the  money I don't think you will beat the Hyundai. With a 5 or
6 year bumper to bumper and 10,000 or 10 year drive train and 5 year free
road side service. And if you at them there not bad looking either. Just
MHO.
...Art