Re: Transmission oil

To: Neon20sohc@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Transmission oil
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 21:37:57 -0600
I'm a big fan of Synthetics but be careful when using them on old/er cars.
Their seals may not be able to handle the high detergent properties of the
synthetics and can (will) leak.  What ever the manual calls for and
hopefully thats whats been used all along in the OD, I'd stick to it and
not change anything.  If this has been rebuilt and you know for a fact that
all parts and seals, etc. can hold up to Synthetic, go for Redline oils,
their the best for gears in my opinion.