Re: OT Beer Bottles (was Turkey Day)

To: MG Nuts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: OT Beer Bottles (was Turkey Day)
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 12:59:54 +0000
Skye Poier wrote:

> Word on the street is that Eric Erickson said:
> > Well, in Australia we have these half-sized bottles of beer... so
> > seeing as they are short and squat they are called "stubbies".
>
> We call them stubbies in Canada too, must be a colonial thing.
>
> Mmmmm Red Stripe.

Purely for those into the art of beer bottles...

In far north Australia (just "up the road" from where I live.. a
thousand miles or two on the other side of Ayers Rock/Uluru) they have
the "Darwin Stubby" which is a few times the size of the normal beer
bottle.

Darwin/Northern Territory is like the Texas of Australia.  Everything is
bigger there!  Maybe, as with Charles Darwin, they believe it is a
"further evolved" bottle.

Now... back to cars...

Eric
'68MGB MkII