Re: more on the Thanksgiving debacle

To: Gaetke <gaetke@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: more on the Thanksgiving debacle
From: Mark Rayborn <mrayborn@merlin.ebicom.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 22:18:37 -0600
Hi Matt,

I just pulled the engine in my '71B. Previous posts on this list
persuaded me to remove the bolt holding the harmonic balancer to the
crank while the engine was still in the car. After having no success
with a ratchet, block and cheater bar, I used the method suggested by
Denise and others. I put a big crescent wrench on the bolt head and
forced the handle against the driver's side inner fender (padded to
prevent damage of course). One bump of the starter and the bolt was
loose. I had already pulled the plug wires and coil wire so there was no
danger of starting. WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

Regards,
Mark in MS