Re: Engine Rebuild

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild
From: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 07:58:36 -0500
Thank you Trevor.  What you suggest makes sense.  I hadn't thought to plug
the rod journals and your comment about the oil forcing the swarf out of the
main bearings is reassuring.

I plan to use WD40 as a honing lubricant and a long stiff brush with dish
detergent and water for cleanup.  In view of the weather I probably can't
use a pressure washer to blast away the debris.

I had a reply from "the cargaru" (he didn't sign his message) and he gave
some good suggestions on changing the centre main bearing shells while I was
doing the rest.  I will give that a go also.

Do you have any opinions on whether the straight type cylinder hone or the
bottle brush ball type hone is preferable?

Fred Pixley
Napanee, Ontario