Re: Engine Rebuild

To: <Thecarguru@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild
From: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 08:02:01 -0500
Thank you for the suggestions.

I really like your advice re: the main bearings.  I had bought new mains
when I bought the other parts and now I will change the centre main also.
If it goes well I think all the mains can be done as you suggest except the
two end bearings.  The bearings are standard half shells, identical to MGB.
Actually the boxes are labeled MGB.

Before I hone the cylinders can I ask if you have any preference between a
standard flat cylinder hone or the bottle brush type of ball hone.  The ball
hones are becoming more popular but I don't own one.  I don't believe they
are as adjustable for various size bores.

Fred Pixley
Napanee, Ontario