Re: DPO Woes for 1999

To: "Dan Dwelley" <ddwelley@UU.NET>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: DPO Woes for 1999
From: "MSLishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:26:36 -0500

 I hope, I hope she'll come around and be nice to me...at
> least let me get her running before I find something else that needs
to be
> fixed.

Dan, don't let it get you down.  You say that the car was abused by the
DPO, right?  Well, like kittens and puppies that were abused, our MG's
don't initially trust their new owners, especially after they've spent
a few years in the hands of a DPO.  Once your car begins to understand
that you're only trying to help, not hurt her, the bolts will turn more
easily and everything will fall into place.

Oh yeah, shelling out the bucks to show her that you care helps.  8-)

IMHO, you should pick up a used caliper from a junkyard somewhere and
rebuild it.  It's not a tough job, and it'll probably cost you less
than a new one would anyway.

Good luck with the car, and keep us informed!

Mike Lishego
1974 MGB
1986 Plymouth Turismo 2.2
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706