Re: Just when you think you have it all figured out...

To: Jim Boyd <intlsportscars@excite.com>
Subject: Re: Just when you think you have it all figured out...
From: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 08:21:11 -0800 (PST)
Dear Jim,

This must be the season for MGB-GT crunching. My sweetie drove our Nazi
Sh*T box (jetta GL) directly into my right front fender of my 70 B-GT
destroying said fender. It could have been me doing this as you said, so I
am now concerned with repair. I ordered a new fender and trim from the
"Proper MG" and now I have to decide whether to paint it Before I put it
on or after. Any suggestions out there? IF I paint after I put it on, how
can I protect the inside of the fender properly as not all of it will be
accessable to paint when it is already on the the car. But, if I paint
before hand, I worry that the new paint job might crack if I have to twist
the new fender to get it to fit correctly.

Any experiences or educated opinions out there?

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance."
John J. Peloquin, Assistant Research Entomologist
Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521