Re: Lord Lucas strikes again

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lord Lucas strikes again
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 19:43:23 +0000
> Denise Thorpe wrote:
>
> Neil Oldfield suggested:
>
> > Hmmmm.   Bugger it ,
> > it has stopped raining, I took off the drivers side wiper arm, and
> > with the window down, reached out of the car and manually wiped the
> > windscreen with the wiper (Do not try this at home).
>
> There's a product called Rain-X that makes water sheet off of glass.
> It's magic.  In light rain, it almost makes wipers unnecessary.  Don't
> know if it's available down under, though.

It certainly is... and I highly recommend it.  The faster you go, the
better it works (sounds like an MG to me:)

I rarely have to use my wipers at all with RainX on it (yes, I know we
don't get much rain here - our damns and under 50% capacity already and
they are drinking pumping water in from the Murray River - but
still...).

Even with just two of them I have never been fond of the flappy little
MG wipers so RainX was high on my list of products to buy as soon as I
purchased the 'B.

Eric
'68MGB MkII