RE: Crankcase Ventilation

To: "'Hans Duinhoven'" <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>,
Subject: RE: Crankcase Ventilation
From: Rene van Maanen <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:21:02 +0100
Hans is correct.

I had this with one of my motorcycles back in the 80's. There was lots of
foam in the engine, I made only small trips those days. Someone told me
that it was condens, and if I would make a long trip and heat up the engine
well,it would go away. I did not believe the guy, but made the trip.

Problem solved.

Rene

On 13 January, 1999 8:37 AM, Hans Duinhoven [SMTP:H.Duinhoven@simac.nl]
wrote:
> David,
>
> Is it winter overthere?
> This can be one of the causes.
> One of the end products of petrol (gas for the USA's etc.) is water
vapour.
> This condensates and mixes on the several parts of the engine whcih are
> cold.
>
> One thing to remember is to renew the engine oil at least every 6 months
in
> order to avoid to let to much water parts into the oil, which then does
not
> lubricate well.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hans