Re: Carb kit

To: ccrobins@ktc.com, neilc@tradesrv.com.au
Subject: Re: Carb kit
From: CIAG6@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 11:37:42 EST
In a message dated 99-01-16 09:54:40 EST, ccrobins@ktc.com writes:

<<
   Yer supposed to compare the readings on the Unisyn and adjust the idle
 speed screws to make them the same.  You don't care what the reading is
 as long as you end up with the proper engine idle speed and equal air
 flow thru the carbs. >>

Just make sure you have the idle set high enough that you get a decent air
flow when using the Unisyn.  I find I need to have the idle above 1200 or the
air flow is too low to get good consistant readings.  Once you have adjusted
the air flows to be equal, as indicated by the Unisyn, then adjust each idle
screw exactly the same amount to lower the idle to where you want it.

Ray G
Colorado