RE: Carb kit

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Carb kit
From: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 23:04:14 -0800
Thank you all,

I don't expect this kit to be the complete solution.  I was pointing out
what you got for $8 here.  (Neil: I didn't get new needles, jets and those
little moulded rubber grommets, I know the ones you mean).  It might be a
good starting point for me to dismantle, clean and reassemble using the few
pieces that I have, and then I can see how bad the carbs are, but I don't
fancy spending $80 on the Mo$$ kit ($40 per carb) when I can get most of the
bits for $8 per carb, and then  a few extra bits when I need them: indeed I
may have a gap around the throttle shaft which will cost more time and
money, and I need to solder my poppet valves shut or fil new blank valves
(if I don't have a notch on my discs).

I would like to hear from people who have recently done this, and what they
felt was the best approach. (Either because the took the best approach, or
because they wished they'd taken another approach because it was bound to
have been better!).

Thanks,

Andy