Re: Use of Uni-Syn (was carb. kit)

To: <CIAG6@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Use of Uni-Syn (was carb. kit)
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:51:38 -0800
Well, that's one way to do it!

Perhaps a better way is to set the idle speed roughly where you want it
(ideally about 900 r.p.m.), place the Uni-Syn on one carburetor and adjust
the air valve in the center of the Uni-Syn to position the "ball" halfway up
the tube. Then place the Uni-Syn on the other carburetor and note the
position of the "ball" in the tube. Then you adjust that carburetor screw to
position the ball halfway up the tube.

If the ensuing idle is too fast, back off the adjustment screw and watch the
ball fall to quarterway up the tube, then move to the other carburetor and
do the same thing.

Remember that screwing the air valve in and out on the Uni-Syn is just to
enable you to center the ball in the tube for a relative airflow. Once set
for one carb, you must not touch the air valve setting while you adjust the
other carb idle screw.

Lawrie