Re: Valves & Motor removal.

To: <Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au>, <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: Valves & Motor removal.
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 09:27:43 -0500
At first I was leary about using them but....
I had absolutely no problem using the rocker cover studs
as the chain bolt down when I swapped motors (with trannys connected) ,
between my two GT's a month or two ago. I put the O/D transmission
in OB, so both motor and trans were lifted from just these two outer most
rocker pedistal stubs without bending or distorting them at all.
For that fact OB's engine hung from these stubs for well over an hour
while I steam cleaned and painted the engine.

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blase Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm