Re: 300zx circuit board help

To: MGList <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 300zx circuit board help
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:12:23 +0510
Michael Graziano wrote:

> Hey all.
>
> I must have broken a thigamabob on the circuit board

I think that I would recommend grabbing a workshop manual that hopefully
has a circuit diagram of the electrics in it and hunting down the exact
part number of this "thingamabob"... too many electronic components look
too similar but have dramatically different characteristics/values to
risk grabbing just any old thing that looks the same and jamming it in -
especially when it comes to power circuits.

If it doesn't have any markings (except for the "blue line") on it then
it is probably made to order for the car manufacturer and you will then
need to hunt down its proper operating characteristics to find one that
will do the same job without damaging anything else.

Or... grab the same component from a wrecked car.  It is unlikely that
something like this will have "gone missing" from a write-off vehicle.

Eric
'68MGB MkII