Re: 300zx circuit board help

To: mgrazian@ltcm.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 300zx circuit board help
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:15:21 EST
In a message dated 1/21/99 9:03:36 AM Eastern Standard Time, mgrazian@ltcm.com
writes:

<< I must have broken a thigamabob on the circuit board when fussing with it,
and I'd like to try and replace it. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think that's "thingamabob."  A thigamabob is completely different, and never
used on Japanese cars.  Other than that, I don't think I can help you much.

Actually, if you can remove the part, take it to a good electronics store with
the schematic and a parts diagram of the layout of the dash circuit.  The
schematic or wiring diagram should be in a service manual.  Make sure you can
identify where the part was located on the diagram.  Most of those guys love a
challange and a chance to show off how much they know.  It is probably a diode
or a capacitor, and you will need to know what it is and the value for it to
get the right one.

Soldering on those circuit boards can be tricky.  Use a small (30 watt or
less) iron, and don't keep it on the part too long.  Hold the part with
needlenose pliers and gently pull til it comes off.  Installation is the
reverse of removal, but "tin" the ends first (heat and coat with a little
solder before putting in place), and don't use too much solder when making the
final connection.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget (DSP)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (HS)