Steering wheel for a B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering wheel for a B
From: Ray Wygonik <rwygonik@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:46:12 -0500
I have been away from the list since Oct.

I was able to drive my 74 B through Thanksgiving with the top down.  In
western PA that is an accomplishment.

Well now it is up on jack stands ready for some routine maintenance and
repairs.  Several questions.

Northwest Imports has rebuilt front lever shocks for $65 and rebuilt rear
shocks for $55 (prices are approximate)   Has anyone tried these?  What is
quality of rebuild?  any advice on changing over to tube shocks and which
conversion is best?  Most of my shocks now leak.

Second.  I need to replace my steering wheel  ( I talked about this last
year but it didn't happen)  I need more thigh room.  My wheel measures about
15 1/2" in diamter to the outside of the wheel.  If you measure to the
center of the rim it is about 14".
victoria british has wheels labeled 14".   (the girl taking orders could not
give me any good info)   I am assuming it measures 14" diameter to the
center of the rim and overall would be the same as mine.  Anyone know this
for sure?  any suggestions on a wheel that measures no more than 14"
diameter total to the outside of the rim?  I would still like to keep horn
and MG crest in center of wheel if possible.
Sorry to stay away for so long, thanks in advance for any help