Re: Lucas Sport Coil on 1980 MGB

To: "Carl Elliott" <grunt2@adelphia.net>, "Steve Shoyer" <steve@shoyer.com>,
Subject: Re: Lucas Sport Coil on 1980 MGB
From: "teds" <teds@accessone.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 15:37:53 -0800
I ran the Lucas sports coil for some time with the pertronix and later added
a msd capacitive system. I took the liberty of calling the msd people to
inquire about any in-line resistor requirements and they were very clear to
take all of that out. I have no experience with the crane system, and it
would be nicer to have a coil from the same manufacturer, but you might call
the crane people and see what is really required. the Lucas coil seemed to
be a good product. I am sure a resistor is required with the original
electronic ignition(s).