Re: Lucas Sport Coil on 1980 MGB

To: teds <teds@accessone.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas Sport Coil on 1980 MGB
From: Carl Elliott <grunt2@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 18:53:20 -0500
I used the sport coil with the points, Thinking I would later add the Electronic
Ignition, After reading the crane instructions decided to avoid any trouble and
just bought the crane coil, everything comes with it,
resistor ect. I then came across two original B late model distributers,
So iI took out the one with the crane and installed one of them leaving the
crane coil and ballest resistor. Works great as did the crane . I carry the
points dist. all set up as a back up.To use it with the points I would just pull
the wire from the resistor and plug it directly into the coil.
Carl E. Like I said they are made for each other and cost about the same why
tempt  Lord lucas.  Carl E.