Re: Lucas Sport Coil on 1980 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas Sport Coil on 1980 MGB
From: Steve Shoyer <steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 00:47:24 -0500
Here's the text from the VB sale flyer that got me started:

"Lucas 40,000 Volt Sport Coil Gives Your Car Power & Reliability

40,000 volts - for use with electronic or point ignition.  12 volt positive
or negative ground electrical systems.  Improved heat dissipation.  Allows
wider plug gap for stronger spark.  If your car has a ballasted ignition
system, the ballast resistor or resistive cable should be removed."

My car has the 45DM4 distributor, so it's got Lucas electronic ignition and
might be offended with a Bosch or Crane coil.  I'm more interested in
easier starting than more power (not that I'd complain!), especially in
colder weather.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

--Steve