Which Rod?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Which Rod?
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:13:46 +1000
Hi all,

As you know I stuffed one of my 18G slant type rods when the car spun a
bearing. As I'm going racing I want to use the lighter 18V type rods of
which there appear to be two types. One with floating pin and another with a
pressed pin. Can someone enlighten me on which I should choose? I have been
offered both types. Apparently the pistons I've ordered will take either.
What type of pin location is better for high rpms?

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia
1970 MG B GT / 1959 MG A 1600 Mk1 / 1956 AH 100/4 BN2