MGC/MGB Colors

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGC/MGB Colors
From: Paul Washburn <walruzuma@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 00:54:08 -0800 (PST)
Hello All:

I am new to the list, so I'll briefly introduce myself. My name is
Paul Washburn. I live in South Burlington Vermont. I have a '67 BGT
that I tore apart about 5 years ago and put on the back burner. I got
an offer from a friend to trade room and board for body work, so the
project has been rejuvinated!

I have a question about color. My BGT was originally BU9 'Mineral
Blue'. It has been repainted a couple of times, but the original color
exists in places. I have the Moss catalog, and it seems to be the only
darkish blue available between '67 and '69. This wouldn't be a problem
if I had not found this picture at http://www.qis.net/~socs/mg26.jpg
of a '69 MGC GT. This color seems a shade or two lighter than what I
know as Mineral Blue.

My question is this. Did MGC's have different color options than
MGB's? If so, does anyone have a list or know what the color of the
car in the photo is? At first I thought it may have something to do
with it being a scanned image, but the other colors in the photo seem
normal. I like the color on that C better than what I know as Mineral
Blue. The car is stated to belong to Jim Holody of Ontario Canada. Are
you on the list Jim? Any help in this will be greatly appreciated!

                       Thanks,

                        Paul