RE: Fuel pump question

To: "Jones, Mark" <MJones@ngl.ca>
Subject: RE: Fuel pump question
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:12:28 -0800
Mark:

        The fuel pressure must be somewhere in the 3-5 psi range or you will
lift the carb. inlet valves.

        Most pumps prefer to push fuel, not pull.  The pump is mounted as
low and close to the tank as possible to allow a gravity feed to the inlet.
Earlier vehicles such as T's and M Minors run a low pressure suction pump on
the firewall, but have a much lower flow rate than the later cars.

Hope this helps.

Kelvin Dodd (so many cars so little time)
58 MGA X2 in bits
58 MG Magnette ZB
65 MGB Works Replica
66 Jaguar 3.8S