RE: Swiches and knobs

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: RE: Swiches and knobs
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:21:19 -0800
Eric:

        All of the toggle switches are still available as new production
items.  The heavy switch used for the wipers is not cheap.  The smaller
bodied heater switch with the diagonal contact is cheap.  The toggle switch
knobs as far as I know have never been produced as a replacement item.

        I take it your car has a pull headlight switch, similar to the US 67
only MGB.  Lucas has not supplied that switch in many years.  The only Lucas
pull switch still available is the SPST switch used for the interior light
on the B.  The only O.E. knob available is the unmarked knob for this
switch.  The marked knobs are all being reproed, they are of reasonable
quality.  The toggle headlight switch is still available and can be
substituted for the pull switch to keep dependability.

Hope this is helpful

Kelvin Dodd (so many cars so little time)
58 MGA X2 in bits
58 MG Magnette ZB
65 MGB Works Replica
66 Jaguar 3.8S