Re: Dashpot Covers HIF4

To: endicott@nashville.com (Mark Endicott), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dashpot Covers HIF4
From: dlg7@webtv.net (Donald Graham)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:09:16 -0500 (EST)
--WebTV-Mail-838700879-111

Mark, you think you have trouble, pity me! At Skye Poier's The MGB
Experience-Your Cars Section http://www.mgb.bc.ca/  Mark I/II Don Graham
see http://www.mgb.bc.ca/media/1969/Don Graham-3.jpg  and
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/media/1969/DonGraham-4.jpg Don Graham '69 MGB
Tampa, FL.

--WebTV-Mail-838700879-111

Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 12:27:27 -0600
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
CC: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>, mgs@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgs@autox.team.net

Eric wrote:

> Neil Cotty wrote:
> >
> > Andy,
> >
> > >on page 45 of their sale flyer? Do they look the part or are they
> > >crap?
> >
> > As John says, try polishing your existing ones, they come up like
> > Chrome anyway. Not concours, but unless you can afford to get the
> > carbs replated, it's the cheap alternative.
> >

> When it comes to putting lots of chrome under the bonnet, I like the
> comment in the "judging rules" for the annual MG CONCOURS run by the MG
> Car Club of South Australia (I should just about be a member by now...
> just awaiting the phone call, e-mail or letter).
>
> Under the heading of ELEGANCE:
>
> "Elegance is not to be obtained at the expense of originality.  Limited
> chrome plating of engine components is acceptable, eg.g rocker cover,
> side cover, generator and starter motor dust covers, pancake air
> cleaners and the like will be tolerated."
>
> The use of the word "tolerated" here makes me smile.
>
> And I thought my car looked a little 'plain' under the bonnet... a new
> paint job and tidying up the body and I might just enter my little
> yellow car in next year's Concours.
>
> Eric
> '68MGB MkII

Oh Man! am I in trouble?