Re: Dashpot Covers HIF4

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: Dashpot Covers HIF4
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:43:09 +0509
Neil Cotty wrote:

> Andy,
>
> >on page 45 of their sale flyer? Do they look the part or are they
> >crap?
>
> As John says, try polishing your existing ones, they come up like
> Chrome anyway. Not concours, but unless you can afford to get the
> carbs replated, it's the cheap alternative.

When it comes to putting lots of chrome under the bonnet, I like the
comment in the "judging rules" for the annual MG CONCOURS run by the MG
Car Club of South Australia (I should just about be a member by now...
just awaiting the phone call, e-mail or letter).

Under the heading of ELEGANCE:

"Elegance is not to be obtained at the expense of originality.  Limited
chrome plating of engine components is acceptable, eg.g rocker cover,
side cover, generator and starter motor dust covers, pancake air
cleaners and the like will be tolerated."

The use of the word "tolerated" here makes me smile.

And I thought my car looked a little 'plain' under the bonnet... a new
paint job and tidying up the body and I might just enter my little
yellow car in next year's Concours.

Eric
'68MGB MkII