Re: 77 MGB - it's gotta go

To: waltcpa@sierra.net
Subject: Re: 77 MGB - it's gotta go
From: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:32:07 -0600
>Question for the list about the wheels on this car.  What kind of wheels are
>those called?

Hi Walt -

These are indeed the "Rostyle" wheels.  The paint job in the pictures is
the factory paint style; if yours don't look like this then someone has
painted them.  The correct painting technique is to paint the wheels silver
(Moss sells the correct color), then paint the inset parts with a
semi-gloss (not quite flat) black.  Moss also sells a mask which supposedly
covers the correct silver parts for when you spray the black, but I didn't
think it was exact enough; I carefully masked off the correct areas with
tape and paper before spraying the black.  (Took a good long time to do all
this masking, too!)

My wheels had obvious light grooves which delineate the areas which should
be painted black ---
QUESTION FOR LIST: Did all of the Rostyles have these grooves, or only
later ones?

take care- Lee

    Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
    daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
    '74 TR6  '77 MGB <---FOR SALE            http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191
  Your Home Is Your Castle --- so, Automate It! http://www.automate-it.com