head gasket/break in questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: head gasket/break in questions
From: Gaetke <gaetke@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 15:24:52 -0800
        I'm back after a few weeks hiatus.  Classes were starting and I
knew I wouldn't have time to keep up with my email.

        I've also got a new cylinder head, so my rebuild can be completed.
Which of course leads to my questions:

        Should I coat the head gasket with any type of gasket cement/sealer?

        Does anyone have any general thoughts on breaking in a freshly rebuilt
engine, with new bearings, pistons, head, etc.?  I know in general to vary the
engine speeds for a while, but more specific info would be appreciated.

        Thanks,

  -Matt Gaetke