RE: 56K Line Speed?-Reply

To: "Rene van Maanen" <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>
Subject: RE: 56K Line Speed?-Reply
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 10:17:07 -0500
On 2/14/99 7:04 AM so and so (Rene van Maanen) said. (And I quote:)

>Forgive my ignorance, but I have never seen an off topic like this before.
>
>Could you guys please go offline or go to the required newsgroup?
>
>Thanks, Rene
>
>On 14 February, 1999 1:02 PM, Mike Lishego [SMTP:mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu]
>wrote:
>> I believe that I read somewhere that due to US Gov. regulations,
>> modem speeds can only reach 52 or 53k.  If I'm wrong, someone will
>> correct me, but I was in the market for a new modem and this came up
>> in several ads.
>>
>> Michael S. Lishego
>> http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/index.htm

Haven't been on the list long 'eh?
The off topic stuff is what gets us through the long nights and short
days of winter - when ever winter is - where ever you are.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?