MGA Master Cylinder ?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Master Cylinder ?
From: "Steven R Schultz" <SSchultz@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 20:30:31 -0500
Hi all,
I have a "61 A and have the old leaking Master Cylinder problem.
I had planned to send it out and have "my master cylinder"
re-sleeved (friend just swapped for a rebuilt one and had all
kind of thread problems).  Before I send it out I thought I would
check the list for experience.  Here are my questions:

I had planned to use White Post for the lifetime warranty and
because I have heard bad things about Apple Hydraulics. Has
anyone used White?

Another friend said to be sure the sleeves are Stainless Steel
not brass.  I think White only does brass.  Is there any difference?

Sleeving will cost $225 and a new master from Moss will cost
$330.  Is sleeving a good bet or should I stretch for the new one?

Any opinions on silicone vs. regular brake fluid?

Thanks in advance for the comments
Steve
MGA '61
SSchultz@worldnet.att.net