Re: 56K Line Speed?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 56K Line Speed?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:09:31 -0700
As a former employee of an ISP, I would be wary of "consistent" speeds.
Some ISPs just have a speed echoed back that does not reflect true
connection rate.

Kind of like having an oil pressure guage consistently pointing at 70 psi
regardless of engine rpms.

The key is the rate you can download files, the connect speed is an
indicator only. But I would be suspicious if it didn't fluctuate.
Connection conditions fluctuate much like the oil pressure (making a
pseudo-attempt at making this on topic).

David
71 BGT