Re: Fastener Q's

To: Tim Nagy <nagy@duq.edu>
Subject: Re: Fastener Q's
From: Karl Shultz <karl.shultz@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:21:34 +0000
Tim,

Don't know about "Tri-metal," but I just put a roll cage in my Integra
GS-R.  And the ancillary hardware I bought was all grade 8.  Don't know
why but it was all that gold color.  In fact I can tell the grade 5
(shipped with the cage) from the grade 8 by color alone.  Tri-metal
sounds like marketing crap, but I think you got the right thing.  Grade
8 is good on something that is holding you away from the asphalt.

If you want a higher grade of hardware, try the Pegasus Racing catalog.
1-800-688-6946.  They sell "aircraft grade" fasteners that, fron what I
can tell, are like Grade 8 materials-wise but lack the extra threads
(just enough for two flat washers and a nylock nut).  It's a little
pricey but probably worth it, I'm doing the cage this way and when I get
the time to do the suspension (among other things) in the B I'll use
this stuff.

Hope this helps, and listers if this is too geeky my apologies...

--
Karl Shultz
95 Integra GS-R - Cage/Konis/R-1s in CSP