Re: [BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [Frank_Spe

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [Frank_Sperling@mercer.com]]
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:17:26 -0500 (EST)
I'm at the same stage, pulled it to do a clutch but while I was at
it...You know the rest. I would pull the pan and replace the bearings.
The first one on mine looked good and I almost didn't go farther figuring
that the PO had already gone through the engine. The next one was getting
bad and the next one had copper showing. In addition to the bearings
replace the tappet covers (John Twist says to use the cork one on the
front, don't know why but if he says so I do it). I would also replace the
timing chain, tensioner and front and rear seal. While you are at it a new
pressure relief valve. These parts are cheap but will cost a lot more if
they fail or if you have to pull the engine again.
...Art