Re: Valve stem seals

To: "David Lynes" <cdlynes@bellsouth.net>, "MGList" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve stem seals
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:32:31 -0800
Appreciate the thank-you, David, but think you still missed a bit of my
"wisdom"............all 8 O-rings are supposed to be used. Since, as I said,
they are there to stop oil running down the guides when the engine is at
rest, rather than being sucked in when the intake valve is open, they must
be placed in both intake and exhaust valve retainers.

Lawrie