Re: What year B??

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What year B??
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:14:10 -0600
Well, I'm Canadian not American, but anyway:  My Iris Blue '65
GHN3L62914 is a PUSHBUTTON-handle car. I used to have GHN3L56037 which
was/is an Iris Blue PULL-handle '65.  The Canadian Bs, at least,
followed the cut-off at 57985/57986.  Personally, I would have to SEE to
believe any original pull-handle B after 57985.

Dave Q.

>Allen Bachelder wrote:
My '65 B project car - GHN3L57254 - has pull handles.  Clausager's book
indicates that pull-handle Bs go up about through 57985 if I remember
correctly.  The approximate changeover seems to be about March of 1965.
At one time mine was the latest surviving  pull-handle B known to the
NAMGBR - but now there is a later one in the pull-handle registry.  I
wrote to MGCC about this and got a response from a Swedish owner of a
pullhandle 58254 (yes, exactly 1000 cars later than mine).  Don Bishop
answered my letter in "Safety Fast" indicating that, Clausager to the
contrary, pull handle cars went up through 65865.  Perhaps since
pull-handles fell to US safety regulations,  cars destined for other
markets continued to have pull-handles for awhile???  Go figure...  Any
US owners out there with pull-handle cars later than 57985?
<snip><