Re: heater core leaking?

To: xyzabcde@earthlink.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: heater core leaking?
From: dlg7@webtv.net (Donald Graham)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 07:09:58 -0500 (EST)
--WebTV-Mail-1731981969-164

Denise, this is where I first noticed the leak in my heater core.  I had
to drill out some of the screws.  PB Blaster can be found at a NAPA
parts store.  When you try getting out the screws use a pozi-drive screw
driver rather than a phillips screw driver.  Putting in a new heater is
a non-fun job.  Trying to reattach the cable to the flapper door is
almost impossible with it in place.  The solution is to release it from
the control knob on the dash,  attach it to the flapper door before you
install the heater core housing and feed it back thru with a helper
pulling it thru from the inside and then reattach it to the control knob
on the dash.  Good luck.  Don '69 MGB

--WebTV-Mail-1731981969-164