Re: Engine Assy and the springs she sits on

To: johnf@ihot.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Assy and the springs she sits on
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 10:19:44 EST
John,
In addition to what everyone else has said here let me toss in my $.02 here.
When installing bearing caps, turn the engine after tourquing each one.  This
is not some magical make the car go fast thing, rather it is to catch
screwups.  If you get a cap on wrong way around it will lock the engine.  (ask
me how I know this)
Also if you go to the library look at a Chiltons or Motors manual they usually
have a section in the back on generic engine rebuilding, read it.  As already
mentioned read the Haynes manual, and a Complete and Official if you have it.
If fact read that stuff several times till you know it and fully understand
it.
Pay attention to the small stuff (oil pump gaskets, tensioner gaskets etc)
Have fun!
Rick