Re: OD Theories

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OD Theories
From: john c kahoon <john.kahoon@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 05:54:16 -0500
One thing is equal, it take "x" amount of force to move a vehicle of a
certain weight at a certain speed.
all of this force is distributed from the combustion chambers to the
tires.
every RPM causes some degree of wear, from piston walls though bearings,
gears to wheels...
So... , if I do 4000 rpm at 60 mph, and you do 3000 rpm at 60 mph, both
are still causing the
same amount of wear due to "x". Now to push your car at 60 mph with 3000
rpm, your
Explosions in your combustion chamber must be stonger ( more fuel/air )
so much for fuel savings.I will give you a higher top speed....
Although at 60 mph, I'm SURE that 3000 it is much more comfortable
to drive YOUR car ( savings on dental work not vibrated loose )

So I believe that it's a toss up, not factoring in the comfort factor,
which I'm
sure was motivation enough to develop and sell OD's

john.kahoon@juno.com
71 Midget