Re: Why I use Mobil 1

To: "Mike Venables" <mikevenables@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why I use Mobil 1
From: "Henry A. Morrison" <dos_gusanos@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:56:57 -0700
Road & Track was asked in their technical correspondence section if it was
better to use synthetic or standard oil.. Their response was the only
difference was that the synthetic oil broke down at a higher temperature
than standard mineral based oil.  Which to me means that if your engine is
going to self destruct it will do so at a slightly higher temperature with
the synthetic.  When my engine self destructed I don't think the synthetic
oil got me an extra 400 yards.
Another intersting test was one made by Consumer Reports who tested motor
oils in New York City Taxi Cabs and found that there was no measurable
difference in engine wear between the various brands of oils they tested
(which were the major leading brands and a lot of the cheap stuff).  Their
findings also found that their was no difference in engine wear if you
changed your oil every 3000 miles or 6000 miles once you were past the first
3000 miles on the engine.
So I stopped wasting my money on the synthetic..................Cheers Henry
Morrison  Cedar Crest, NM