RE: Lean at cruise

To: Paul Tegler <wizardz@amdyne.net>, Eric Kutzli <ekutzli@netins.net>,
Subject: RE: Lean at cruise
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 09:43:40 +0100
Hi Paul,

What interests me is: what has remained the same on the car.
Did the basic ignition part stay on the car i.e. is the advance and
retarding part still the same? In the Dutch MGCC magazine a story was told
about ignition where most of these parts looked allright - but in the end
were not.
The experience was that just a few good guys (or dolls) were able to
properly repair this part of an ignition.

Cruising is still driving at reasonable high revs. Means the above mentioned
timing is involved. Vacuum advance seems to be o.k.
On Eric's car maybe leaky butterfly spindles in his carbs may be involved,
while the carbs were not restored recently - at least worth to check for
play.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 MGBGT covering the seats now making good progress.
(Lucky me I had the real original BL foam seat still at home)