Original or modern tires; was tire size

To: n <twobees@sprynet.com>, MGs digest <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Original or modern tires; was tire size
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:34:54 +0100
Hi listers,

I have the cahnce to have my BGT '71 equipped with the original tires from
the seventies: Michelin ZX 185 SR 14.

Although this is very original with the car's age, the question is, should I
do it i.e. does it perform or should I better opt for modern tires?

Cheers,

Hans Duinhoven
'71 BGT going for a drive in a BGT V8 later this week