RE: Original or modern tires; was tire size

To: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Subject: RE: Original or modern tires; was tire size
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:12:27 -0800
Keith:

        I am running 205/60 X15 tires on my 68 MGB GT V6.  I am using the
wire wheel rear end with solid hubs.  Minotor/KN 15" minilite repro wheels.
I went with longer studs and about 3/4" of spacers.

        There is loads of room if you have the correct offset wheels.  I
have in the past taken wheels to a machine shop to have the offset machined
to my spec.  With a big lathe it is a pretty easy job.  Most alloy wheels
have a center which can be machined to change the offset.

Kelvin.

http://www.TeamSanctuary.com/