Re: Original or modern tires; was tire size

To: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Subject: Re: Original or modern tires; was tire size
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:11:29 -0800 (PST)
At 06:52 PM 3/16/99 EST, you wrote:
>Hans,
>     I don't want to break bubbles, but the standard size tyre fitted was the
>165 r 14..in fact, i am wondering how those 185 sr tyres even fit on the rear
>of a GT..I have a 1974 GT and I tried 185x70 14 tyres...I could not stuff them
>between the rear fender area..no way..
>but..life goes on.

Speaking of breaking bubbles....

.  My GT is sitting on 185/70/14 Pirreli P-3's right now.  Granted, it
hasn't moved under its own power for a while (and probably won't for a while
yet) but when it did it was like it was on rails and the tires NEVER rubbed.
What wheels did you use?

Ross   MacPherson
TC-3528 , `66 BGT, NEMGT - #11849
Surrey, BC, Canada