Fwd: vin and engine number help

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: vin and engine number help
From: CamaroLee@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 23:40:19 EST

--part0_921991219_boundary

From: CamaroLee@aol.com
To: mts3@ra.msstate.edu
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vin and engine number help
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 21:40:00 EST

Sorry I haven't responded sooner.    I usually doesn't take me that long to
get replies out.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of what Clausager had in his book.   Looks
like another reason to get the book.

Tyson Sherman wrote:
<<Clausager lists the 1970 model year as
roadster 187170 although noting that "The Parts List quotes 187211 as the
first
car number for a 1970 model year roadster; in fact, 198170 to 187210 were also
1970 models, although built later than 187211."

These were made 10/69

The engine looks like November 67 to October 68.>>

Tyson, how did you come up with the date for the engine?   The 'D' stamp on
the plate is different from the rest of the stamps.   Is there a way to date
the engine by looking at it without tearing it apart?

The car does run, but I have found out that the sills and rockers are shot.
The PO did an interesting patch/hide job on me that I didn't notice when I
bought it last year.   Live and learn!

Thanks,
Erin
'70 B (needs a new body)