Re: Surprise Guest

To: mgdave@uswest.net
Subject: Re: Surprise Guest
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:00:16 -0600

mgdave@uswest.net wrote:

> Greettings,
>
> Well I uncovered Fergie yesterday and checked all the fluid
> levels and installed batteries.  While I was making one last
> look over the engine bay, I noticed something strange in the
> passenger side wing......grass.  Grass and leaves and black
> fuzzzy stuff.  OH MY GOD SOMEONES BEEN SLEEPING IN MY
> CAR!!!  Run in house and get big oven mit just in case the
> interloper is still there.  Stick big gloved hand in
> there.......no one home.  Pull out large amount of stuff and
> take another once over the engine bay to make sure nothing
> has been nibbled on.  Get in.  Fires right up.  Go on
> longish drive to "blow carbon off the valves" so I told
> wife.  Forgot about the rodent.  Any suggestions on how to
> keep this from happening next year?
>
> David Stecher
> Urbandale Iowa
> 73 BGT  Fergie

David-

    The next time you are in town, go to the Ralston Purina place and
get some "Purina Possum Chow" and place it in a bowl outside your car.
You are quite lucky that your new friend was not home when you uncovered
your car.  Once they are scared they will not leave unless they are
dragged out and that can be a battle.
    The alternative is some "Possum Helper" which should be available at
the local grocery store.  It is right next to the "Hamburger Helper".
--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO