Re: BGT runnin bad kinda long sorry

To: <Mgbreh@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <mgccnwc-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: BGT runnin bad kinda long sorry
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 20:38:18 -0000
The first thing to note was that the tach acting up is a good indication
that the ignition LT has a problem, and not the HT (well, not on its own,
anyway).  But I think you discovered that for yourself with the gap closing
up and the wobbly dizzie shaft.

With the 'new' dizzie you don't say how the gap is, a big difference between
gap and dwell is an indication of mechanical or electrical problems with the
points.  Is this one wobbly too?  Is the tach still acting up?  You could
have an intermittent connection in either the points wire from the coil or
the braided wire inside the dizzie.  You need to take a methodical approach
to faulting the ignition, and then consider if it might be some other,
coincidental problem.  Have a look at
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/hammer.htm  and click on 'Dizzie
Settings'.

PaulH.