Re: Ignition problems (77B), Conclusion (for now)

To: "Tom McLaughlin" <tmcl98@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition problems (77B), Conclusion (for now)
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 20:45:22 -0000
In case you are wondering why you had 12v without the Pertronix connected
but only 6v with it, blame that chap Ohm.  Until you connected it you
weren't drawing any current (the usual voltmeters only draw micro-amps) so
you weren't dropping any voltage in the coil and ballast and were 'seeing'
the full supply voltage.

Proof of the maxim that you can't usefully measure voltage in a circuit
unless you have the load connected as well as the supply.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/