Dash Gauge Glass Replacement

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dash Gauge Glass Replacement
From: Ray Hibdon <mgguy@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 18:57:05 -0500
Hi Folks,

Wrote to see if you can help me out. While in the process of getting my 80
MGB ready for the season, I decided to clean-up the gauges.The glass was in
terrible shape. Upon removal I discovered the speedo had plastic. the tach
had glass. The glass had been sealed with some type of glue/adhesive,
anyway glass broke while removing bezel. When I looked this up in VB I was
puzzled to see only (1) part # for both pieces. As one must have the hole
for the odometer reset. Contacted them to find out if their was more than
one #, but you know this is just an order service. Moved on to Moss and
they don't carry this part at all, another dead-end. Please help can't seem
to find out whether this should be glass or plastic could get either cut
locally if I knew whether to use glass, plastic, or both. Hate to sound
like a purest but would like to be as original as possible.

Thanks,
Ray Hibdon

80 MGB,  76 TR7,  73 FIAT 850, 85 MAZDA RX7
                        "Not British Fun Anyway"